Imitation of a machine gun, made of metal, wood and plastic, with simulating loading and firing mechanism, and mobile bipod.
The MG 34 (Maschinengewehr 34) is a German recoil-reloading and air-cooled machine gun, introduced in 1934. It is considered the world's first general-purpose machine gun (light, bipod-equipped and heavy, tripod-equipped). It is capable of sustaining a high volume of fire, without sacrificing movement speed, or tactical flexibility. It was in service from 1936 to 1956.
The main design of the MG 34 was carried out by Heinrich Vollmer of Mauser, who was based on a model by Louis Stange of Rheinmetall, which had just entered service in Switzerland.
The MG 34 could use either 50- or 75-round tape drums as well as 50- or 250-round ammunition tapes. The ammunition it fired was 7.92 x 57 Mauser caliber and had an effective range of 1200 m with a bipod and 3000-3500 m with a tripod. It had a rate of fire of 800-900 rounds per minute, much higher than the British Bren or American Browning machine guns, which had a rate of fire of about 500 or 600 rounds per minute.
The German Army had managed to manufacture a multipurpose machine gun, and with which their divisions, both armored and infantry, were equipped. Even the German air force used a version of the same model, albeit modified for use in aircraft. Only about 350,000 units were manufactured due to their high cost due to their laborious and careful manufacturing.
Today, there are still many armies in the world that employ machine guns developed from the basic configuration of the MG 34.